Community & Sustainability
Environmental Sustainability at The SSE Arena, Wembley
What We're Doing
The SSE Arena, Wembley was the first UK arena to carry the Julie's Bicycle Industry Green mark, since then we have remained committed to reducing our environmental impact.
We do so through ongoing efforts to save energy and water, recycle, purchase environmentally preferable products, and help raise awareness of environmental issues.
The SSE Arena, Wembley is proud to participate in AEG 1EARTH, AEG’s corporate environmental sustainability program. Through AEG 1EARTH, we:
- Exchange environmental best practices with other venues
- Track our environmental performance on a monthly basis, measuring energy consumption, water usage, and waste diversion
- Contribute to AEG’s progress towards its 2020 Environmental Goals
What You Can Do
We’re doing our best to reduce our environmental impact and hope you will join us in our efforts. Here are a few tips to make your visit more environmentally friendly:
- Consider walking, biking, taking public transport, or car-sharing to avoid traffic, save on petrol and parking, and reduce your carbon footprint. Get directions here
- Help us increase our recycling rate by placing all waste and recyclables into designated bins – if you aren’t sure where to put something, please ask!
- Use only as many disposable items (e.g., paper towels, napkins, utensils) as you need.
The SSE Arena, Wembley In The Community
The SSE Arena, Wembley enjoys a strong relationship with the London borough of Brent and strive to include the local community in events here at the venue. From the Orange RockCorps event, which encouraged London youngsters to earn their gig ticket through hours of community service to Barclaycard and Choice FM's 'Music Potential' workshops, Wembley is a hive of activity.
We communicate regularly with key local stakeholders, as well as TFL and police in the area to maximise safety and provide a great experience for The SSE Arena, Wembley customers.
Regeneration of Wembley
Plans to transform Wembley into a world class destination are well underway. Situated to the right of Wembley Stadium, The SSE Arena, Wembley adds to the appeal of coming to the area with a huge variety of acts throughout the whole year. Right now you can participate in the Wembley Stadium Tour before a show, or relax in one of the area's many hotels but North West London is about to offer more...
Quintain Estates and Development plc has started work on site to develop the land around the stadium and their plans look set to create a vibrant development that has already created new jobs, homes, leisure facilities, shops (London Designer Outlet), bars, restaurants, offices, a new Hilton hotel next to the Arena and major new public spaces.
For more information on the regeneration of the Wembley area visit www.wembleycity.co.uk and www.brent.gov.uk/wembley.