The SSE Arena, Wembley Kirpan Policy
The SSE Arena, Wembley - Kirpan Information for the Sikh Community
The management of The SSE Arena, Wembley in consulation with the Sikh Council UK have confirmed that Amritdhari Sikhs can wear their Kirpans to events. A risk assessment was undertaken and in order to mitigate the perceived or real risk the Arena requires that:
- Only an Amritdhari Sikh be allowed to wear a Kirpan into the Arena
- The Kirpan must not be visible to the public and should be worn underneath the clothes whilst at the Arena.
- The Kirpan must be secure in the strap and a particular size. The blade length is be up to 4 inches and the full length with the sheath should not exceed 6 inches.
- The Sikhs wearing Kirpans are encouraged to declare it and undergo security searches along with other attendees.
- The Arena will refuse entry to anyone who exceeds their stipulated size limit or refuses to wear the Kirpan underneath the clothes.